Monday 30 December 2019

Peppermint Twist Table Runners and Coasters with Baskets

I used a tutorial by Twiggy & Opal called Peppermint Twist Table Runner to make two table runners, one for my sister and one to keep.  Here is mine pieced.  I love all the different red and white fabrics and the white fabric was printed with tiny white snowflakes.


And here it is quilted and bound.  I was very brave and quilted it free motion with white thread in all kinds of swirls in and between the candy and then matchstick quilting in the borders.  I originally left the red solid border plain but felt it needed something after, so I used red thread and quilted a straight line 1/4" in from each edge.


I even like how it looks from the back.  My sister's had different backing fabric and a binding pieced from all of the red fabrics.


The bonus Coasters pattern turned out quite large, more mug rug size.  The one on the right was made following the tutorial and the one on the left was the size I ended up making.  To make them even easier, I folded the backing over to bind them.


I also created a basket to hold the coasters and made three sets.  One set I gave to my MIL to be and one I gave to my cousin Pam and one I kept for myself.


Here's a picture of mine which also shows a quilt I made several years ago although it is partially hidden behind light fixtures..  You can find more details on this Scandinavian inspired quilt here.


Here's my sister's on her Christmas dinner table.


I had fun making all the cute candy blocks and would make this pattern again.

No comments:

Post a Comment