Thursday 6 July 2017

Fat Quarter Shop 2017 Patchwork Quilt Along - Sixth Month

I'm a little late getting to these blocks this month due to other quilt deadlines, holidays and a pain in the neck which limited the amount of sewing I could do in a day.  I have been walking the dog every morning for at least 5 kms and really like the natural woods trail in the park.  You really have to watch your footing around roots and rocks etc., so I had my head down a lot watching my feet which bothered my neck which is my Achilles heel. Now I only take the natural path in one direction and try to make sure I have my head up more. I'm a little sad to have to walk more on the crusher dust trails as you don't hear the birds as much as in the woods trail and you meet more people and bicycles so I have to keep the dog on her leash more, but my neck is happier so I can sew more which is a good thing.

Here are the Round the Corner blocks for this month.


And here are a couple of blocks in each colour from each month so far arranged from darkest to lightest.


A few more dark/medium green fabrics and light red fabrics should balance things out nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment