Here are four more completed Dear Jane blocks.
Block H5 should have been completed quite easily but I was having trouble with the size of the medium green triangles within the black triangles. I finally figured out the sides of the triangle hadn't been drafted at 90 degrees which was throwing off my calculations. Once I realised this I remade it using 90 degree math and was happy with the result.
And here is a close up of H5.
Next up is F5. I made this much harder than it had to be simply because I was trying to "cathedral window" the little orange peels instead of having to applique them on. It turned out well in the end, but if I were to make it again, I would make sure that the outside green fabrics were cut so the bias of the pieces were along the orange peels and I then could have pulled the curves a little bigger. I am happy enough, so I am not going to do it over!
And here's a close up of F5.
Then I started work on G5. It was really quite a simply made background and then an applique shape stitched down on top of it. Since you could see the background cross shape through the flower, I cut out that layer after the applique was sewn down.
And a close up of G5.
The first blue block was E5. I wasn't totally happy with the way this block was drafted with the wedges drawn from the quarter, half and three-quarter measurements along each side of the block making the corner wedges narrower than the centre wedges. I made each wedge 22.5 degrees (half of 45 degrees).
And here is E5's closeup.
And here is a shot of my 16 completed blocks together.
I hope to get another four more blocks made before our group meets again on Thursday. Wish me luck!
Linking to Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it up Friday.