Tuesday 6 February 2018

Touch Base Tuesday, More Planning than Sewing Today

Tomorrow I am going on a road trip with a couple of my Dear Jane group to purchase fabric at Avonport.  So this morning I spent time going through fabric to find all the suitable ROY G BIV rainbow fabrics I have for my Dear Jane Quilt so I will know what gaps I need to fill in. I'm very short of greens which really isn't a surprise.  I hope the quilt will look as good as my crayoned colour scheme!


I was also playing with the fabric combinations I have for my daughter and son-in-law-to-be's wedding quilt.  I had purchased a very light grey fabric for the background, but Ainsley would prefer a white tone on tone so will be on the look out for that as well.  The grey will be easily used somewhere else. I think I have enough of the main fabric.  The pattern is for 48 blocks, but I need to make 100, so a little over double the fabric requirements.  Once I have the background, I can start making blocks.


In the background of the above picture, you can see the Double Hour Glass Quilt I made in September that is all ironed and ready to go on the frame for quilting.

Bonnie Hunter's on Ringo Lake Mystery Quilt's last link up started yesterday and goes until Sunday, so I am going to see how much of that quilt I can get done before the deadline.  I made five more blocks today which gives me 26 done and 24 to go.  What's taking so much time is my flying geese units came out a little oversize so I am having to trim them all before I can sew the pieces together.


I also checked and so far I only have 23 blocks made for Bonnie Hunter's Leader and Ender Quilt.  I think the next one comes out in the summer so I will have to get a few more made.  I would like it to be a good sized comfort quilt, twin bed size would be nice.


And on the weekend Ainsley picked the fabric she wants for an apron.  So these are the projects I'm currently working on and dreaming about.  I say that because I woke up in the middle of the night making Dear Jane blocks in my sleep.  Making that second block yesterday after supper must have carried over into my dreams!

1 comment: