Wednesday 28 February 2018

Dear Jane Quilt, E7 - 12 of 225

I decided to make the "flower" in this block a little bigger so I didn't have to add as large a border to it.  I started with four 2 3/4" squares with snowballs on all four corners and cut some 3/4" strips as well.


Then I cut each snowballed square in half and sewed a strip in the centre and joined these in pairs.


I then cut these two rectangles in half and sewed another strip in their centres.


I then sewed these pairs together.  I should have made my squares slightly larger so no border at all would have been required.  I ended up adding a 5/8" strip which means my border was only 1/8" wide once the sashing was added, oh well, live and learn.  Here's E7 finished.


And here are my first 12 blocks sewn together.


46 separate pieces of fabric in this one little square!

1 comment:

  1. I have been enjoying your blog and seeing all the great quilts you've been working on!

    ReplyDelete