Wednesday 27 December 2017

Llama Christmas Ornaments

I wanted to show these ornaments earlier, but because they were used as gift tags to be attached to gifts for my family this Christmas, they had to wait until after Christmas Day.  Here they are with their noses embroidered:


And here are two completed with scarves, eyes and hanging loops.  Once their purpose as a gift tag was over, they became a tree ornament. I included the year in the writing on the back so we will always know which Christmas they were made:


I found the pattern on the blog "wild olive" by mollie:  http://wildolive.blogspot.ca/2015/12/easy-project-last-minute-gift-llama-or.html  I made mine with two shades of felt to give them a bit more depth.  I was able to make all 16 llamas with 4 pieces of different shades of brown felt and half a piece each of red and green.  If I make them again, I might try french knots or beads for eyes instead of the goggley eyes as when the goggley eyes are pointing in different directions, it gives them a crazed look which was not my intention!

Linking to Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it up Friday http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.ca/2017/12/maine-socks-and-stash-organization.html

4 comments: