Sunday 2 April 2017

Drunkard's Path, Spice Bazaar Quilt in Progress

I don't usually buy fabrics unless I am collecting them toward a specific project but I will buy backing if there is a really great sale.  However, this particular paisley fabric I saw and bought, along with two coordinating solids, just because I liked it, without knowing what I was going to make with it.  It is not this red in real life.  I love paisleys.


I probably bought it several years ago.  In May of 2016, I decided to make a Drunkard's Path with it.  I had never made a curved quilt block, but it didn't turn out to be that difficult.  I still on occasion have to redo a part of the curve to get rid of some bumps or tiny pleats, so it is not as easy as straight piecing but not hideously awful either.  Here it is 4 x 4 blocks large.  This is a better picture of the true colours.


And grown to 6 x 6 blocks large.


And next 8 x 8 blocks large.


Now 10 x 10 blocks large.


I discovered I forgot to take a picture of 12 x 12 blocks, but here it is today up to 14 x 14 blocks large.


It is currently approximately 64" square.  I figure if I can add three more rows to 20 x 20 blocks it will be 92" square but that will depend on whether I have enough material, so we shall see.  Today I decided to call the quilt "Spice Bazaar" because the colours reminded me of the beautifully coloured spices we saw in the Spice Bazaar in Istanbul, Turkey.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool to see it grow. The name is also very fitting of those colours and scrolled edges!

    ReplyDelete