Wednesday 9 October 2019

Edith's Folded / Manx Log Cabin Quilt

This is the beautiful folded log cabin quilt made by Grandma Langille that Edith brought for show and share at our last Guild meeting.  I just love all the scrappy colours.  It inspired me to make two folded log cabin blocks but mine pale in comparison.


And here's a closeup


 Her quilt was made with approximately quarter inch folds where my two blocks were made with half inch folds.  Here's an even closer look at a block.  The dark and light choices of fabrics are very subtle when looking at only one block, but really show up seen from afar.


Thank you Edith for sending me pictures so I could share your beautiful quilt!  

If you click on this link you can see the blocks I made as well as find a link to a tutorial on how to make the folded / Manx log cabin block.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, true patchwork quilt! Love ❤️ it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, so beautiful, made with pure love, fabric and such skill and patience. Thank you for publishing the pictures. This so reminds me of playing under the large quilt frame my little tiny Grandmother and her daughters. Winter was when quilts were made, family gossip and concerns were discussed, but lots of laughter too. I am now age 70, and I do quilt, it saves my soul. There are no ugly quilts in my opinion. Because after all, no matter the pattern or colors, a quilts purpose is to convey care, warmth and love. Carry on Dear Quilt Sisters, and Brothers. What we do matters so much. Be kind to one another. 🙋🏼‍♀️❤️

    ReplyDelete