Thursday 5 September 2019

September Priorities

I hardly sewed at all this summer, which is not a bad thing, but there are some projects that need to move forward so I am making a list of priorities for September to see if this will get me back in the groove.

1.  Make a label for Ainsley and Jack's wedding quilt!!!  They had their first anniversary a couple of days ago..... so it's way overdue and yes I have been procrastinating.  The quilt was completed on time for their wedding but the label is still waiting.  The block for the label is all pieced and I know I want to embroider the text.  I just have to decide whether I am going to embroider it by machine which means I have to get out the manual and figure out how to do it or if I am going to embroider it by hand which means I need to trace the text onto the fabric and just get to it.  We are expecting Hurricane Dorian to hit us this Saturday and may have power outages, so maybe I should just go with hand embroidery.  OK, decision made!  This is working already!  Here's what the quilt looks like, well half of it anyway.  You can see all of my Double Wedding Ring / Metro Rings posts by clicking on this link.


2.  These next three items all have the deadline 19 September, which is our first guild meeting of the year:
  • Finish a few more pillow cases for "Ryan's Case for Smiles".  I have six completed and two more cut out and ready to sew.  Maybe I can make ten so I just need to look for fabric for two more.  See four I've made already by clicking on this link.
  • Make a bag for the guild challenge.  I have chosen the pattern which is fairly simple and have a few ideas for the fabric.  I can't show anything though because it's a secret!
  • Quilt a comfort quilt.  The top is already loaded on the frame and ready to go.  I think I have decided on a free motion quilting pattern.  It is called "Filament" and is by Christina Cameli.  See it here from her book "Step-by-Step Free-Motion Quilting by clicking this link.
3.  Quilt one of my own quilts.  I have several to choose from.  Maybe I can quilt one with the same free motion pattern as the comfort quilt so I will be all "practised up" and ready to go!

4.  Continue working on my Dear Jane Quilt which has been an on going project.  You can see all my Dear Jane posts by clicking on this link and here is a picture from my most recent post.  I have made more blocks since this picture.


5.  Start cutting the fabric for my son Bryan and fiance Catherine's quilt.  They are getting married on 18 July 2020.

OK, enough "talking", there is a quilt label to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment