Wednesday 31 July 2019

Candy Dish Table Runner

I haven't been doing any major amount of sewing this summer but seem to be on a bit of an applique kick which isn't what I usually do.  I found this free pattern for a Candy Dish Table Runner .  It is a pattern by Edyta Sitar of Laundry Basket Quilts and you can find the pattern and a video tutorial at the above link.  The pattern is just for the pieced runner so I did my own thing for the applique loosely based on the picture.  Here is my pieced table runner.  I chose to attach the two leftover triangles of background fabric to the ends instead of having a rectangular table runner.  (updated link)


And here it is with the applique fused on.


Here is an outdoor picture after I've blanket stitched around all the applique which shows the details much better.


I plan to quilt the candy dish itself with black thread which I hope will make it stand out a bit better from the background fabric.  I might even add some embroidery details after it's quilted too. The birds need some French knot eyes at the least.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful applique; zooming in I can see you used a peony print for the larger flowers which adds very nice dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Applique? You? I am in shock. But then, at least it is by machine. It looks lovely, Kathy. You’ve been busy. Hard to sew in all this heat.

    ReplyDelete