Wednesday 6 March 2019

Snow Day = Sew Day!

On Monday we had a second snow day in a row and I was able to Skype sew with my sewing buddy Marilyn.  What would be more appropriate to sew with on a snow day than snowflake fabric.  Before Christmas I had made 24 present blocks from a layer cake of Christmas fabric so I dug them out and made them into six giant 21.5" blocks of four presents each.  It's hard to see, but the white fabric is also snowflake fabric.


Yesterday I got the blocks sewn into rows as well as rows of sashing to go between them.  This afternoon, when coincidentally it started to snow again, I got the whole top sewn together into one piece.


The top is approximately 4' by 6'.  Perfect for one person to totally snuggle under or if you turn it sideways also perfect for a couple of people to use as a lap quilt.  Now I have no excuse to not have it quilted in time for gifting next Christmas.  I want to back it with either flannel or maybe even fleece which I have not tried before. Either way, I want it to be nice and snugly.

2 comments:

  1. It's great to have seasonal inspiration out the window! I'm catching up on your last few blog posts... Today we happened to have snow as well-- hopefully the last of it! so it was a funny coincidence to read this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny thing, today when I'm replying to your post, we are expecting to receive 15 to 20 more cms of snow!

      Delete