Tuesday 26 February 2019

"Black and White Plus Another Colour" Challenge Wall Hanging

This wall hanging was made quite a few years ago for a Guild challenge.  The challenge was to use black and white fabric with one additional colour.  I chose yellow and fussy cut a yellow bird out of fabric after several failed attemps at making my own bird shape.


The flowers were also fussy cut from a black and white print and fused to black fabric and then just tacked to the wall hanging to give them dimension.


I gave the cat a yellow eye which I think emphasizes the action of the cat looking at the bird and making you wonder what happens next.


The bird flew away of course!  

I got the idea from an award winning quilt by Judy Coates Perez called "Moon Garden" which you can see here.    My wall hanging was made quite quickly and minimally quilted so did not entail great workmanship on my part.  I like it though!

No comments:

Post a Comment