Thursday 6 December 2018

Red and White Scandanavian Inspired Quilt

I made this quilt several years ago.  I made the centre by just looking at a picture of a cushion and sewing together a grid of  2.5" squares of red and white fabric.  Some of the red fabric and all of the white fabric were snowflake prints.  It turned out so well, I went looking for some Scandinavian sweater inspired motives to make a frame around the reindeer and I came across this tutorial http://thecraftyquilter.com/2014/11/nordic-mini-quilt-along-row-1/.   I made my pieces 50% bigger than the pattern called for and then I added a border of larger red squares.


I bound it in a red and white striped fabric and backed it with a red and white checked flannel fabric so it was nice and snuggly.


Of course, it wouldn't have been all coordinated without quilting it with an allover snowflake pattern!

2 comments: