Tuesday 8 May 2018

Touch Base Tuesday

Last Wednesday, I worked on the Basket Quilt Blocks again.  I was using turquoise and green fabrics.  I didn't quite get them finished so decided to do that this morning.  You can't see all of the bottom row, but here are all 72 baskets with set in triangles cut and ready to assemble. 


I will leave them on the wall for a day or so before sewing them together in case I decide to move any of them around.  I deliberately placed a basket of each colour along the four sides of the quilt, but for the most part just tried to place the blocks randomly without any basket in the same colour family touching.  I also tried to not have identical prints, albeit in different colours touching each other, but was not totally successful in that endeavour.

My daughter and I also worked on the Triad Quilt for her girlfriend's wedding.  We sewed most of the triangles into pairs and the next day, I finished sewing them and ironed them all.  Here's a sampling of the 113 pairs.


This is my #1 priority this month as it needs to be finished for a wedding in early June.

My friend Marilyn also came over last Sunday and stippled a colourful slab comfort quilt.  Here it is right off the frame.

Early June, twenty-five days from today to be exact, is when Victoria's wedding quilt has to be finished.  I think I better check with my daughter when she can come over next so we can get the quilt block layout completed and get this quilt top sewn together and ready to quilt!

2 comments:

  1. I have seen baskets before but they seemed tedious with the appliqued handle and all. These baskets are so very different and in a good way. I am thinking I should use this pattern in my quilt guild's BOM series. I am looking forward to the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete