Sunday, 18 February 2018

Updates on Several Things

I finished making my Rings test quilt top complete with all the little peek-a-boo cathedral window flowers and I have now purchased the background fabric so can start on the real thing!

Here is a detail picture of a side half flower

And a corner quarter flower

I also finished a UFO from Valentine's Day 2017.  I had started three Valentine's Day table runners and finished two for my children's families but had not finished the one for myself.  I just needed to quilt and bind it.  The last ones I quilted by marking them with a Hera marking tool which just leaves a bit of a crease in the fabric which is sometimes hard to see and follow.  This time I just used good old painters tape and I found it easier and faster.

Five of us were showing different techniques for finishing quilts at guild this past week:  mitered borders, precise tiny borders, binding, self binding baby blanket and glue basted binding.  I was doing glue basted binding so used this table runner as my demo.  Here is a closeup of how well the binding looks on the this table runner on the back (stitching very close to the edge of the binding) and on the front (stitching almost invisible in the ditch) which is nice since this table runner is double-sided.

I had been taking the pictures for my blog predominately with my iPad but this week it stopped charging so have to see if that can be fixed.  The pictures on this blog post have been taken with a camera my father gave me.  Thanks pa!  The close-ups are better, I think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment