Thursday 8 February 2018

Throw Back Thursday - Diamond Log Cabin Quilt

I made this quilt for my nephew and his bride who were married in June of 2010.   It is made of 30 diamond shaped log cabin blocks.  I quilted straight lines across the background on my frame with my domestic sewing machine and quilted Celtic heart designs in the diamonds using a laser light following a paper pantograph.  Then I had to take the quilt off the frame, turn it 90 degrees and put it back on the frame and quilt the grid lines in the other direction. I wish I had a better picture of it.  This picture is from show and tell at my quilt guild.


When I washed it before packing it up to send off, some of the reds ran and one of the grey fabrics really soaked it up and became quite pink.  The white was fine as I remember it.  I washed it several times and ended up using "bleach for unbleachables" to get the pink out.  For several hours, I thought all my work had been ruined!  It didn't teach me anything, I still don't pre-wash my fabrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment