Sunday 25 February 2018

Dear Jane Quilt H8, E6 & E8 - 11 of 225

Here is block H8 completed, with the centre circle "reverse" topstitched under the black square.  I am trying to make the Dear Jane Quilt totally by machine and have succeeded so far.


I got block E-6 pieced on Thursday with my Dear Jane group.  If I were to make it again (which I'm not) I would make the centre square a little larger so the smaller triangles were bigger and then the green rectangles would be narrower. 


And this morning I got block E-8 pieced while skype sewing with my friend Marilyn.


Still having fun, although I did start a border triangle and got myself turned around while doing freezer paper piecing where you don't sew through the paper.  I mistakenly cut my pieces with the freezer paper templates ironed to the front of the paper instead of the back so they were all mirror imaged by mistake.  Now that I know what I did wrong, it will be easy to fix and do it right.

Linking to Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it Up Friday

1 comment: