Tuesday 16 January 2018

My First Blog-Aversarie!

First of all, I can't believe it is my first anniversary of blogging which also means I have been retired for more than a year!!!

Overall I'm happy with the frequency that I blogged, which was not on a regular basis but instead was when I finished something or got to the next step on something.  However, I do appreciate and look forward to other people's blogs on a regular basis, so maybe I could try to blog on specific days.  Maybe I should start a "Touch Base Tuesday" post to show what I'm working on.  I also started a "Throw Back Thursday" post to show previous quilts I have made and I will continue with this now and again until I am up to date.  I do other crafts as well, mostly knitting, and I will post these items too.  How about in a "Switch It Up Sunday" post?  We shall see.

Here is a visual of the items I finished this year:

Two Pillow Cases
Two Comfort Quilts, both gifted
Heart Table Runner
Two Reversible X & O Table Runners, both gifted
(A third, mine, just needs quilting)
Cathedral Window Cushion Cover

Table Topper, there is a Shamrock on the flip side
Bird Beach Bag, gifted
Four Easter Pot Holders, gifted
Toile Baby Quilt, gifted
Mayflower Mystery Quilt
Cardinal Red Star Quilt

Anchors Aweigh Quilt, gifted
Storm at Sea Cushion Cover, made in collaboration with my daughter, gifted
Storm at Sea Wedding Quilt, made in collaboration with my daughter, gifted
Sew Together Bag # 1, gifted
Zen Wedding Quilt with Two matching Cushion Covers, gifted
Small Bag
Large Bag
Apron, gifted
Maple Leaf Cushion Cover
Two Baskets
Canada 150 wall hanging (I quilted, bound & labelled  it.)
Made for the Veterans Hospital by the Mayflower Quilters' Guild
Five Canadian Flag Cushion Covers, Four gifted
Sew Together Bag # 2, gifted
Wreath Wall Hanging
Candy Mug Rug
Three Santa Ornaments, gifted
Sew Together Bag # 3, gifted
Sew Together Bag # 4, gifted
Sixteen felt Llama Christmas Gift Tags / Ornaments, gifted
Irish Plaid Quilt, gifted
Lupine Wall Hanging, gifted
Tree Table Runner, gifted
Leaf Table Runner

Some plans for this coming year:

Last year I participated in the Fat quarter Shop 2017 Patchwork Quilt Along to benefit Make-A-Wish and kept up to date with all the blocks which just ended in December. Now I just need to put that quilt together:


I will keep working away on Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville Mystery Quilt "on Ringo Lake" as well as the her 2017 Leader & Ender Challenge (You can see a few of the blocks in the picture of my Sew Together Bag # 1 above.):


I made this quilt top at a workshop in September and need to decide if I want to add some of the extra blocks to make it rectangular or just quilt it as is:


This year I plan to quilt along with a group on a Dear Jane quilt. We are meeting next week for the first time so details to follow.

Last year my daughter and I worked on the Storm at Sea quilt shown above for one of her school mates weddings and we will be working on another one this year for another friend.

I will also be working on a Wedding Quilt for my daughter and Son-in-Law to be.  I will have to ask them if they want to see progress reports of it or if they want it to be a surprise.....  If its a surprise you will have to wait until September to see it!

I would like to get a few more comfort quilts made this year.  I do have some in progress, just need to quilt them.

This summer I will get back to work on the Irish Chain Quilt I have been working on at the cottage:


I will also be working on the treadle machine Fish Quilt:


My hand stitching project, La Passacaglia is on the back burner as it was taking me a lot of time to prep the pieces for hand sewing so I never had any ready when I needed them.  I will revisit this project and see if I can change my process.


I also have a few UFO's that will all get finished when they are needed and of course every day I see tons of new things I want to make which is what keeps it so interesting!


Looking forward to another year in the sewing room!

1 comment:

  1. It's really amazing to see how much you've accomplished over the year, and I've enjoyed getting a glimpse into your process!
    Looking forward to seeing how your upcoming projects take shape!!
    Thanks for sharing ♥♥

    ReplyDelete