Tuesday 14 November 2017

Canada 150 Quilt & More Canada Flag Cushions

As previously mentioned, I am a member of the Mayflower Quilters' Guild.  This year I volunteered to be co-chair of Program. Last spring our guild requested members to make blocks related to Canada 150 for a quilt to donate to Camp Hill Veterans Hospital in Halifax.  The blocks were put together by the person who I replaced so it was then my turn to quilt and bind the quilt.  Here it is:


I quilted it with a pantograph from Apricot Moon Designs called Maple Sugar and bound it with a red and white striped fabric.  Here is a close up which shows some of the maple leaf pantograph and the binding:


As mentioned in my previous blog, I am trying to clear up some odds and ends of projects to make way for Christmas sewing.  I had previously blogged about a cushion I made for Canada Day.  I had actually started a few more of them but just hadn't gotten the backs put on or the pillow forms made.  I got them finished this past weekend. The original one (http://allikatquilts.blogspot.ca/2017/07/150th-anniversary-canada-day-pillow.html) went to my husband's cousin's family because they hosted a family reunion which we attended on the July 1st long weekend.  I gave one to my father and will keep another one.  Here's several of them together:


And here is the quilt with a couple of the pillows, just because:


I really like that red plaid flannel - it is just so cosy!

1 comment:

  1. I am hoping you can put me in touch with the person that made the Mountie block. I would love to make one also for a quilt I am making but am not able to find this block online. Thanks, Pam mamaspark@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete