Wednesday 8 March 2017

Storm at Sea Update and Shamrock Table Topper

Here is the Storm at Sea sewn together in vertical rows.  I do not use pins if I can avoid them, but I pin matched all the centre points on these rows and it worked very nicely.


Here is a close up to show that no points have been cut off.


This afternoon, my daughter tactfully pointed out that this quilt is a project we are supposed to be doing together and I admitted I have gotten excited about it and barged ahead and done most of it. She is coming over tomorrow evening and we will work on it together.

I then decided to work on my Shamrock Table Topper.  I have a new ruler foot and set of rulers so decided to use some of them on my DSM (domestic sewing machine) and play at quilting the Shamrock.  I did not expect to be perfect.....  However, I also did not expect to be SO BAD!!!!!  Here is a picture of the mess I made and the tools I used to accomplish it!


This shall be ripped out immediately!  Some of the stitches are very large, but others are very tiny.....  OUCH!  It even hurts my eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment